|(NAPSI)-It has often been said that “a man’s home is his castle.” The same could easily be said for any little princesses who happen to be living at the palace as well. And what better way for young royalty to enjoy the full regal experience than by inviting all the other princesses in the land for a fairy-tale sleepover party?
With a little preparation, including decorations, food and party-time entertainment, plus a bit of imagination, you can create a royal ball to make your young princesses giggle with delight. Consider these tips:
• Set a date and time. Proper planning for your Princess Party will make it a wonderful success.
• Send invitations. Be sure to include all the important details when sending out your invitations, including date, time and what to wear. You can use preprinted invitations or design your own with the Sleeping Beauty fine writing pen and stationery.
• Decorations. Create a terrific look for your party with flowers, balloons and streamers. Choose royal colors of purple, gold, pink and silver.
• Prepare the food. A Princess Party should have proper tea treats. Small tea sandwiches can be cut into fun shapes, while fresh fruit makes a colorful and tasty treat.
• Set the table. Arrange an enchanted table fit for a princess, with proper place settings, a colorful tablecloth and napkins. Call everyone to the table with a wave of the magical Disney Princess wand. This invites the Sleeping Beauty Magical Wand Walking Horse to walk, neigh and bow to your guests.
• Games and activities. Entertain your guests with fun activities, such as:
– Slipper relay-Fill a box with several pairs of shoes-all styles and sizes. Divide up into two teams; each team member must find a pair, put the shoes on and properly walk the red carpet to rejoin their team.
– Crown toss-From a proper distance, see if your guests can toss their crowns onto the throne.
– Jewel hunt-Place a number of treasures and trinkets around the house or in the yard for your guests to “hunt” for. Give each little princess a purse or treasure box to hold all her precious jewels in.
– Enjoy a princess movie-The timeless tale of Princess Aurora has come home with the release of the 50th Anniversary Platinum Edition of “Sleeping Beauty” on DVD and Blu-ray™. This new version of the 1959 classic is a spectacular widescreen event that will transport viewers to a magical kingdom filled with more romance, adventure and humor than ever before. Its breathtaking action sequences and extravagant musical production numbers will charm adults and children as they chuckle at the antics of Flora, Fauna and Merryweather (the bubbly and bumbling fairy godmothers) and cheer the gallant Prince Phillip in his quest to save Princess Aurora.
– Re-enact favorite scenes-After the movie, girls can re-enact a scene from “Sleeping Beauty” as they play with the Magic Fairy Lights Sleeping Beauty Doll dressed in a gorgeous gold-trimmed gown.
• Bedtime. Be sure to have enough pillows and blankets for everyone (and, just as important, enough room). Your little princess may want to lay her head on a personalized Sleeping Beauty Pillowcase, or cuddle with the Sleeping Beauty Porcelain Doll.
Sleeping Beauty products are available at The Disney Store and online at http://www.disney.com. The Platinum Edition of “Sleeping Beauty” is available wherever DVDs are sold.
Little princesses are sure to delight at the prospect of a “Sleeping Beauty”-themed sleepover party.